Sunday, January 06, 2013

Review ARC: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi

 Title: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Published: January 8th 2013 by HarperCollins
ARC copy was given by the publisher
Book Description:
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.



My Thoughts: 


I’m in love with Under the Never Sky. I’ve been itching to read the second book after finishing the first one. Now, that I’ve got a copy – I was dreading the second book syndrome. I have high expectations for this one.  Well, after reading it in just one day. This book is perfection! Yep, I adore this book immensely.


The story started where the first one had left off.  Perry is now a Blood Lord and Aria is on an impossible task.  What I like about the world building is…..it’s realistic and well thought off. The world Rossi created is colorful, unique and frightening.  A world in chaos and a land divided by Blood Lords, I felt the emotions of the people, especially Perry’s people, The Tides.  I can feel their hunger for survival, team work and love for each other.  Rossi made a story that is addictive! As I was reading the book, I felt the emotional ride. 


The character building is remarkable. They are memorable and mature. I felt their growth, especially Perry. He is actually my favorite character from the book.  He’s just a boy technically but he’s mature in so many ways. I love how he thinks not only for himself but for the Tides as well. His responsibility as a Blood Lord plays a huge deal in the book; he is caught in between Aria and The Tides. Choosing will be his great task. Aria is my second favorite. She’s brave, intelligent and self-less. I felt her emotions during her stay in Perry’s. How she was trying to fit in where people constantly want her out. I love how both Perry and Aria share a common goal; they are so perfect for each other. Roar and Liv’s complicated relationship gave this book some extra twists. I was mad at Liv at first, how can she do that to Roar! Well I can’t tell you what she did exactly. I can’t post spoilers here –haha-

Love versus Responsibility and Forbidden love are some of the elements that gave this book some edge. Who will Perry choose? Who can he trust? You have to pick up this book to find out.

The romance angle is satisfying. It’s different from the first book.  This book gave me many knee-melting experiences from the two couples. Yes! Two couples.  This is why the book is so good!

Over all, this book is thrilling! Readers who love adventure, romance and a bit of mystery, this book is for you. 


I give this book, 5 Aether Storming Whales.


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:47 PM

    I'm super excited for this one as well, I'm glad it lived up to the first book which I loved. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book with all my heart as you know, Danielle. I agree with everything in your review. The romance is brilliant and the story is addictive! Brilliant review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that this one is totally thrilling. The romance was entirely satisfying, both of them, that is, and the pacing was perfect.
    Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad you loved this one, too! I completely agree about the character development - so amazing. But Roar is definitely my favorite character. <3 him. Great review, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad that this book doesn't suffer from second book syndrome and that it was everything you hoped! I haven't read this series yet, but I'm really looking toward to it :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing a little jig right now. I read and reviewed this last month and LOVED it. I'm glad you like it too...but how can anybody NOT? Love. Roar. :)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny,
      Weeee. Glad we're on the same page :D Roar and Liv! :D

      -Dannielle

      Delete
  7. thanks for the awesome review! sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeps!! 5 whales!! I can't wait to read this!! Thanks so much for your review! It got me all excited :)

    tess_halim(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:58 AM

    Yay, excellent review! I also love Roar with the force of a thousand suns. Perry too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review :) I loved the first book so I cant see what happens next. I agree that Rossi's writing makes the works realistic

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs