Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton

  Everbound (Everneath, #2)
Title: Everbound (Everneath #2)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Published: January 22nd 2013 by Balzer + Bray
Paperback ARCwas provided by the publisher
Book Description:
Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.

Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we’ll go to for the ones we love.
My Thoughts:

Thanks to HarperCollins for the ARC!



I really enjoyed reading the first book, Everneath and because of the cliffhanger ending, I’ve been itching to get my hands on book 2. Everneath ended with Jack going to the tunnels in place of Nik (that scene even made me cry! And I barely do that when I read), and now the story continues in Everbound where Nik is desperately finding a way to save Jack. It all seemed far-fetched for her, but not until she found Cole again (who by the way has disappeared after the incident). He is the only person who can help her lead her way to Jack, but can she still trust him after everything he’s done?



I really enjoyed reading Everbound. It has all the elements that I’m looking for in a good book. The romance, suspense, mystery, writing style, the plot, and the flow of the story are all great. As I read this, it felt like I was Nik herself and I was the one who’s experiencing all the hardships and heartbreaks she’s feeling. Nik is a very admirable heroine. She is willing to sacrifice everything just for the person she loves.And I definitely won’t forget Cole. OH COLE! I’m team Jack during Everneath, but now, I’m having second thoughts. We get to have a healthy dose of Cole in this book and I got to know him more, especially with his feelings for Nik. He’s actually a really nice and cool guy. But when I reached the last chapter, my feelings towards Cole just confused me. You sly little devil. I won’t be divulging more about what happened, but Cole, I still love you. :D



Everbound mostly contain flashbacks and memories of Nik and Jack and you get to know how their relationship grew. It was really sweet and I can definitely say that this is what true love is all about. Lots of secrets were also revealed that actually surprised me. They weren’t predictable so I didn’t see that coming.

Ms. Ashton did a great job on this one, from the characters, down to the writing and plot of the story. And again with that cliffhanger ending! Why oh why does it have to end like that?? Now I’ll have to patiently wait (for quite a while) for the third book! But I guess I have no choice but to wait patiently, don’t I? *sighs*

So if you haven't read Everneath yet, READ IT NOW! And see what happens in EVERBOUND.

I give this book 4.5 Everliving Whales 


 
 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Everneath. I read it in one sitting and could nto wait to get my hands on the next book. My local barns and noble (and only book store around) Is being unhelpful as they still haven't received Everbound... I'm one day away from goign crazy.

    I'm so happy that you liked Everbound and that we get more of Cole. I was always a Jack fan as well but I can't help it... I go weak in the knees for bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read Everneath but I'm glad this one is good too!
    Great review!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wasn't expecting that twist with Cole, but I loved that it managed to catch me by surprise. :) So glad to see you enjoyed this book! I really liked it too and cannot wait for the final one. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really need to start this serie! The covers are gorgeous! And from your rating - sounds awfully good ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you liked Everbound. I yet have to read it, but I have no doubts that I'm going to love it just as much as you, since I adored Everneath:)

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs