Saturday, November 09, 2013

Review: Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

Title: Another Little Piece
Author:  Kate Karyus Quinn
Published: June 11th 2013 by HarperTeen
Book Description:
The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars series in Kate Karyus Quinn's haunting debut.

On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.

A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.

Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese's fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past

My thoughts:


I had this book early July and told myself to behave and wait for November to read this book. I was waiting for the perfect moment and Halloween might be it.

The story is puzzling and strange in a good way. I think the perfect word is bizarre. Since, the story is like a brew of mystery, gore and thriller. Those ingredients made this book a total Halloween read, scary enough that after reading it, it made me think the whole night.

The world-building is riveting. Quinn wrote a book that is eerie; making you think that there are spiders crawling all over you while reading it. The reading is experience is awesome. I love how descriptive yet not overwhelming are the scenes. I love gore. Yes, and I like how she made the bloody scenes not over the top but subtle. There was drama during the chaos, bizarre? It is! But it was cinematic and it worked for me.  My only problem is the writing style. I was a bit confused at first. Past, present then the poems that are cryptic; It took me a while to get the hang of it. I re-read the last chapter since majority of the answers are there.

The characters are good too. I enjoyed reading Annaliese thoughts.  How she thinks that her new life is never hers and her thoughts toward her new body.  I love her strong will to cope and to solve what’s behind her strange past. I was thirsty like her, thirsty for answers.  Also, the maturity of the characters made this book an enjoyable read.

The love-angle is a bit insta-ish. I saw the connection there.  I think this is the first time for me to say that the romance is as bizarre as the plot. Read this book to find out why.

Overall, Another Little Piece is a great read for Halloween. If you like gore and mystery then buy a copy now.  Read this book during the night with your lamp on, I dare you!

I give this book 3.5 twisted Whales.

        


3 comments:

  1. I agree - I thought this was a great Halloween read and it was so chillingly written. One of my favorite aspects was the fact that it exposed the limits girls are willing to go for the promise of "love", which says so much about our society in a very haunting way. Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO curious about this book. I've heard mostly good things about it and it's great to see that you liked it overall, despite the slight issues you had with the writing. I'm looking forward to getting around to it. :) Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On sizzling hot the summer season once replica cartier watches want to see that beach destination, that fishing creations will having a, notably some people will enjoy looking on and even fishing. So, critical is without a doubt to create a fake rolex uk know-how about that fishing creations, specifically for fellas. Nevertheless persons will always be can’t rush as a result great with liquid, that fishing creations contain overscripted persons from this point. At the moment, there are a selection in fishing creations in distinctive legendary brandnames. For illustration, Paneri is known as a legendary product majoring on development omega replica uk creations. Previously, it can also be implemented inside of the liquid in three, 500 metres. Nevertheless you can get small-scale differences on the nation's figure and visual aspect, it will be always a popular designed for all scuba divers. Aside from that, Oris is barely moment to help you Paneri on water-proof high-quality. In addition, concerning running watches, many people should look into Omega as their omega replica chain, Palnet Beach, is invariably a strong fishing creations through increased worldwide recognition. Then again, Bell&Ross Hydromax's and even Sinn-EZM2 GSG9's emergences rest that listing in Paneri to enable persons to help you research that beach even further in cases where persons are going to rolex replica which will great.

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs