Friday, April 12, 2013

Review: Breaking Point (Article 5) Kristen Simmons

 Title: Breaking Point (Article 5 #2)
Author: Kristen Simmons 
Published: February 12th 2013 by Tor Teen
Book Description:
The second installment in Kristen Simmons's fast-paced, gripping YA dystopian series.

After faking their deaths to escape from prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.

Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper’s true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….

Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.

Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.

With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed Article 5! I’m actually scared to read Breaking Point, since sophomore books tend to be a let down, but not this one. It’s engaging and more exhilarating than the first one.

Breaking Point started what Article #5 has left. Ember and Chase are still on the run. They are now under the Resistance, an underground group that is against the FBR.
 Life has started to get harsher for Ember. Not only is she grieving for the lost of her mother, but she’s now a part of the most-wanted list. One mistake and she could get killed. An order of “shoot to kill” even under suspicion was implemented. Run? Hide? Or Fight back? Ember must decide what to do before it’s too late.

I loved Article 5 because of the world-building. It’s dystopian, action-packed and with romance. It’s my type of read. Plus, the world Kristen made is very realistic, a world that could actually happen if there’s a catastrophe. I also like the running and chasing part of the book. It gives you the adrenaline rush and nail-biting experience. The pacing of the book is mild; not too fast or not too slow. It was just right, enough to make the book interesting. The tale is so intense, there’s not a drop of comedy. It’s serious! I wish the author wrote/put a hint of humor. Other than that, the book is perfect.

As for the characters, they are all well thought of. Each has his/her moment and input to what’s going to happen in the plot. It does not revolved around the main characters. The array of personalities gave this book an edge. There’s also character development and maturity which is a huge plus. Ember is a great heroine. She became fearless and stronger. As for Chase, you get to know him more. He’s strong and stern physically. But deep inside, he’s caring and sweet.

The love angle is wonderful. Chase and Ember’s relationship got stronger. I like how both of them work together. There were some scenes that made me jelly. I also love that hey are meant for each other.

Overall, Breaking Point is as good as the first one. I recommend this book to readers who love action, thrill and romance. Dystopian lovers will enjoy this book.

I give it 4.5 Whales

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 AM

    I'm glad I got an eARC of this one and the first book. I've been hearing mixed reviews about it but I think I'll enjoy this series. Thanks for the review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a dystopian book that could actually happen (Monument 14) and I liked it so much that I really want another one. I guess it's time for me to read Article 5!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Monument 14 yet! I really need to read that book too. :D
      Thanks for stopping by :D

      -Dannielle

      Delete
  3. I really liked Chase and Ember in the first book and I'm glad to hear that their relationship gets stronger. Brilliant review, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this book! And loved Article 5!! :) :) Ember is just so awesome and Chase <3 <3 <3 Awwww he is so sweet <3 Can't wait for book 3!! ;) Great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a book I remember hearing about a lot last year and then I forgot about it. The beginning sounds great, I would dislike that horrible world too. But I am so with you on these dystopians really just being romance books in disguise!

    Cath Brookes (Alaska Search Marketing)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just about to read Three, so this review was a great refresher! Thanks for posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed every minute of Breaking Point, and I am excited to see what the third book will have in store for us readers because the ending of this book left me speechless, and wanting more. Kristen Simmons is definitely an author to look out for because her books are amazing and Breaking Point lives up to its title. Fast paced, romance, and action are all in Breaking Point and I am now excited for the final book!

    Mariz
    Look at Goshen NY Maid Service visit site

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs