Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Title: The Rise of Nine
Author:Pittacus Lore
Published: August 21, 2012 by Harper Collins
Book Description
Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.
Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .
I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others--including John.

But so are they.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York--but I escaped.
I am Number Six. 
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.
she is, the boy who might just be her soul mate, and the destiny that's finally within reach

My thoughts:

We are finally on the third book of the series. Can you believe it? It feels like yesterday when I first picked up I am Number Four. And then the fourth book is also near, where the hell is time?

So it's rare for a series to still be good, or consistently bring an excitement to readers when we are in the 3rd installment. For me, as a fan, it's really a proud thing to say that Rise of Nine is still good. 

First of all, I really like that we have more POV now alternating in telling the stories. I think it always comes fresh when you go from one chapter to another. And also it gives more dimension to the story. We are not stucked to just the ideal of the main character or just the mindset of one person.

Second, starting off with 2 groups of Lorien trying to figure what they will do next is one of the pros of this book. The  writer had opportunities to introduce some new ideas and also time to show the personalities of the new characters.

To everyone who has problems with Seven and Nine, I can see why you decided to hate them but for me I have no problem with them :D But seriously I have a big problem with Sarah, come on Four ditch her. She betrayed you! 

Finally, the last chapters of the book is fantastic. The feeling I got was like when watching action-military-explosions-fighting type of movies. That is what makes a good ending for me, something explosive or something big and then leaves you hanging and makes you want the next book already.

All in all not the perfect pacing for me, there are some off moments, but overall the book is still excellent.

IN OTHER NEWS, Lorien Legacies will still be 6 books so fans, we still have 3 more books, Fall of Five plus 2 others then we will have another compilation of Lost Files this July 23rd called Secret Histories. 2 books this year WOW!

I give this book 4 whales.

 



10 comments:

  1. I own the first three books but haven't read any of them xD I just saw the movie and really liked it. I really should read these.. Sounds like there are many more books to come!

    Alise @ Readers in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, JP! This series started my love for books, and I agree that it still lives up to the reader's expectations until the third book! I'm really looking forward to the 4th one! :)

    Kyle @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually only ever seen the film. I know, it's so bad! But I really enjoyed the plot, so maybe I'll eventually get around to the series. I'm glad they stayed consistently amazing, book after book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Ana from Blogginup.com/en/

    Blogginup is a community of bloggers in which people follow blogs and add marks to the post or blogs that they like more.
    The purpose is to get an audience to follow and go to your blog.


    I invite you to come and add your blog in less than 1 minute and start having your own followers to follow your blog.

    http://youtu.be/o_j8j7RXl-Y

    blogginup.com

    English version blogginup.com/en/

    Regards! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! I was wondering how many books there would be in all. I can certainly handle 3 more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't actually read past the third two books, but I am definitely a fan of the series. I think it's fresh and original, and I'm glad to hear you say it's still going strong! I do NOT, however, want anymore movies haha ;)

    Great review, Dannielle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:04 PM

    Gah, I still need to read The Power of Six! I wasn't too big on IANF, so I kind of put off continuing this series, even though I have all the books. I had to skim your review a little, but I'm glad you enjoyed this overall. It's definitely promising to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good ending can really transform a book. I'm glad you were impressed with the final few chapters! The first book in the series didn't quite do it for me (I think I made the mistake of watching the movie first) but you make me want to give this series another try. Brilliant review as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I read the first book AGES ago, and I quite liked it, although at this point, I can't say I remember that much about it. I definitely need to refresh my memory before jumping into the next two, but I will do it as soon as I can.
    Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the first book when it came our, but forgot about this series after the movie. The book was really good (except for Sarah. I don't really like her.) But the movie made it seem super cheesy to me and I never picked up book 2. I'm going to have to do that. Your review reminded me why I liked the first book!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs