Monday, September 09, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare

 Title: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)  
Author: Cassandra Clare
Published: March 19th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
Book Description:
A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.

As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?


My thoughts:


Hello everyon it's been a while. JP here writing again some reviews. I know it's a little bit late reviewing this amazing last installment but I have been a little bit busy with stuff and I stockpiled and read some books and forgot to write my thoughts about them. :D So here I am starting with Clockwork Princess.

So it is the last book on the Infernal Devices and I must say that this is the best book out of the three. I think Cassandra Clare improves over time as she writes more books about the Shadowhunter World.

My biggest plus on this book is that the pacing of the events are so good. It really takes you into a journey. And that is what I like on the book. I don't want major event coming every chapter. I want a nice balance with some mellow or you can call normal moments inbetween the big events. So in this book I feel like I really enjoyed everything that happened.

Second is the character  development in this book is so spot on. You can see that their true personalities arise in the midst of all the crazy thing that is happening around them. Even though apart you can feel the chemistry or connection between the main characters. Sometimes I always think that I fell in love faster with the characters on Infernal Devices compared to The Mortal Instruments Cast.

Third, everything is grounded to the story. You can read it without being spoiled on the events of TMI.

And lastly, that is the best fucking ending I have read on a romance story. I think that by "that" happening it opens a lot of possibility. Also I like to think that love can conquer all. 

I can happily say that I can give this book a 5 big whales.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you about the pacing, it's really excellent, but on the other hand, I wasn't all too happy with the epilogue. Still, this remains one of my favorites this year... and in general.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this story overall but I was not happy with the ending. I'm glad it worked for you, though. Wonderful review. :)

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs