Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Evertrue (Everneath #3) by Brodi Ashton

13626692
Buy The Book
Title: Evertrue(Everneath #3)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Expected publication: January 21st 2014 by Balzer + Bray       

Paperback ARC was provided by the publisher
Book Description:
Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?

In this stunning conclusion to the Everneath trilogy, Brodi Ashton evokes the resiliency of the human spirit and the indomitable power of true love.


My thoughts:

Evertrue continues where Everbound left off with Nikki wanting to take down Everneath. And I mean the blow-everything-up kind of taking down but it doesn’t help that Cole has plans of his own where he wants to make Nikki the Queen of Everneath. Bizarre right?  I did mention in my Everbound review how much I adored Cole, but as I started reading Evertrue, I’m also starting to hate Cole and I’m definitely sympathizing with Nikki’s feelings for him.
The story dragged at first, and it didn’t helped that I’m getting a bit annoyed at Nikki at some parts. At one point, she’s like “I’m taking down Everneath and no one is going to stop me yo!” and I’m like “Go get ‘em girl!” and then the next thing she’s like “This is all my fault. Oh gosh I don’t deserve to live!”.  

unflappable

Her emotions kept bouncing back and forth and it was like this most of the time. Couldn’t blame her though but too much is just… too much.

So half of the book revolves about Nikki and Jack trying to hunt down Cole while also trying to find out how to destroy Everneath. Those moments were “meh” for me, but when Cole lost his memory, well that’s when everything starts getting so interesting! I take back what I said about Cole earlier. I just adored the new Cole! He’s like a newborn puppy who is ignorant and naïve with his surroundings and I just can’t help but love the guy! He’s a blank slate. He can’t remember anything except his name and his feelings for Nikki which is really sweet. Every time he learns new things, he’s like a child who just had his first lollipop!

“Don’t break the lutes,” Cole said to Jack. “Hey! I know what a lute is.” He sounded so triumphant I had to bite back a smile.

Seriously! I really wanted to hug him for that. Personally, Cole is what made the whole story so interesting and it felt like Nikki and Jack were just secondary characters. (Trust me. I don’t have anything against them and I’m not being biased with Cole. Oh wait, I am.)
Okay, so the interesting parts (that does not involve Cole) is when the story has reached its climax where the gang has destroyed the Shades network, found the vault of the hearts and Nikki finally faced off with Adonia. When Everneath is slowly crumbling down, I can’t help but feel my heart break since I already know what will happen to Cole.

I bit my lip to keep it from trembling. “Give me your heart,” I said.
He tilted his head, leaned forward, watching my eyes the entire time to make sure it was okay, and kissed me lightly on the lips. “You already have it.”

I break out in tears after this. My feelings! What have you done to me Cole????
17 Most inventive GIFs of FEELS

This book left a gaping hole in my heart and like I’ve said, I’m scarred for life.
The finale of the Everneath trilogy. Definitely worth the read.

I give you 4 Ever Whales

                          



2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite series! I love how everything is traced back to Greek Mythology and how the story of Persephone and Hades is used as a background for this series. Evertrue is the finial installment of the the Everneath trilogy and although this was not my favorite one in the series this book still touched my heart and broke it at the same time.
    Top Site for Alaskan halibut Captain Jacks Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a wonderful story when you even love the bad boy. The evil character of the series. When he turns out to be a good one after all. The whole series was wonderful. I hated to see it end. I loved it.

    Zia
    Dallas SEO

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs