Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review- The Haunted (MacKinnon Curse 2) by J.A Templeton




Title: The Haunted (MacKinnon Curse 2)
Author: J.A Templeton
Published: January 8th 2012 by Julie Templeton

Book Description:


After battling a malevolent ghost that held the spirit of her friend Ian MacKinnon bound to the land for two hundred years, sixteen-year-old reluctant psychic, Riley Williams, felt as if she was finally easing into her new life in Scotland. 

Or so she thought. 

Laria, the spirit of the witch who had cursed Ian wants revenge for Riley’s interference and she’s bringing along friends—dark entities who thrive on evil. 

The one bright spot in Riley’s world is Ian’s descendent, Kade MacKinnon, who could easily be Ian’s modern day twin. The parallels between the two guys are undeniable. As Riley’s relationship with Kade blossoms, she begins to realize Laria has grown in her power since their last confrontation—a power that could very well manipulate the living just as effectively as the dead. 


My Thoughts:


             Can two different souls be the same?


                  J.A Templeton WOWED me again! This book is oozing unmeasurable amounts of awesomenimity. After reading The Deepest Cut, I was literally aching for The Haunted. The story became much more interesting. I love how the story flows, it begins where The Deepest Cut ended. Ian had crossed over and Laria is back!! She is haunting Riley more than ever. The scenes the author had made between Riley and Laria was very cinematic. I imagined it like a horror movie. I had goosebumps all over! Laria reminds me of Sadako (The Ring). 
              Riley became stronger and wiser, She would do anything to stop Laria's haunting.
 Though I miss Ian, I fell in love with Kade instantly; he reminds me a lot of Ian but different at the same time. The world the author created is breathe taking. I found myself drawn again to Riley's world. I had a new thing for Scottish Lads and now fascinated to visit Scotland. 

Overall, this book is AMAZING... better than the first book. I had a lot of nail-biting experience while reading The Haunted. A must read! I recommend this book to people who doesn't mind getting scared. I can't wait for The Departed. Laria must die or in her case go to hell.

I give this book 5 whales

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs