Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Hunting Lila (Lila #1) by Sarah Alderson


Title: Hunting Lila (Lila #1)
Author: Sarah Alderson
Published: August 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books

Book Description:

17-year-old Lila has two secrets she's prepared to take to the grave. The first is that she can move things just by looking at them. The second is that she's been in love with her brother's best friend, Alex, since forever. Or thereabouts. After a mugging on the streets of South London goes horribly wrong and exposes her unique ability, Lila decides to run to the only people she can trust - her brother and Alex. They live in Southern California where they work for a secret organisation called The Unit, and Lila discovers that the two of them are hunting down the men who murdered her mother five years before. And that they've found them. Trying to uncover the truth of why her mother was killed, and the real remit of The Unit, Lila becomes a pawn in a dangerous game. Struggling to keep her secrets in a world where nothing and no one is quite as they seem, Lila quickly realises that she is not alone - there are others out there just like her - people with special powers -and her mother's killer is one of them...


My Thoughts:


What if everything you've ever known was a lie?

       Hunting Lila was a really fun read. It’s fast-paced, intriguing, and quite entertaining. I couldn’t put it down once I started reading it because I kept on looking forward what will happen next and how our heroine is going to handle things.
          Lila is a quite enjoyable character. She’s stubborn, feisty and really caring when it comes to the people she loves. She can be a bit whiny at times though. I enjoyed delving into Lila’s world and I can’t help liking every character in the book, especially Alex! He’s so swoon-worthy that I always stop reading once I see his name and this goofy smile starts spreading across my face. Yum. No wonder Lila can’t stop drooling over him. The only problem I had with this book is that Lila mostly thinks about is kissing/touching/staring at Alex, much to the point of obsession. But other than that, everything was great.
          It is well-written and I give Ms. Alderson a hundred thumbs up for that. Hunting Lila has a yummy mixture of action, psychic powers, hot romance and mystery, and it really sated my hunger for Paranormal Romances.

I can’t wait to read Losing Lila!
           

I give this book four whales.








No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs