Saturday, February 11, 2012

Review Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton




Title: Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #1)
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Published: Jan31th 2012 by HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books

Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined. 
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night. 

She’s been warned. 
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself. 

She’ll be betrayed. 
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay


My Thoughts:

                              Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined. 


              This book blew me away! If you’re a fan of Cassandra Clare, you better read this book. I was afraid to read Wings of the Wicked since I know that sequels tend to destroy the series. I love Angelfire so much, and I don’t want Wings of the Wicked to be a letdown. Well, I was wrong! Book two is even better than the first. It is full of action, heartache, revelations and more complications. I simply devoured this book in sec.
                       The story continues where Angelfire had left. Ellie is now fully aware of her capabilities. She is now in tuned to her powers.  Even after the Enshi was cast out of the sea, Bastian and his goons are still after her.  Questions will be answered and secrets will be told. I can’t say more to avoid spoilers; you have to read this book to find out. Hint: The ending left me breathless and gasping for more.
                     The character building is flawless. Each of them has a strong voice and I got attached to them instantly.  Ellie, is a butt-kicking chick. She’s a believable character, even if she’s angelic. She’s strong yet vulnerable. I’m in love with Will! His dedication to Ellie melts my heart. He is a perfect gentleman. Caden is yummy! There are more about him that meets the eye. The brewing love triangle made my heart flutter. As a reader, It’s hard to choose between two hot guys *sigh*.
There are only a few books that impressed me the most. Books like the Hunger Games, Iron Fey, Infernal Devices, Angelfall etc…. The Angelfire series is now one of those books. I can definitely say that I’m a Courtney Allison Moulton fan. I love how she made Ellie’s world so dark, rich, and intoxicating. I was sucked into her world. The world building is impressive! Even if it’s fantasy like, it is still believable. The concept about the reapers makes this story one of a kind. The action scenes are very cinematic and vividly described. I like how gore-ish and bloody the scenes are. It gave spice to the story.
         Overall, this book is impossible to forget. I recommend this book to people who love action, romance and gore.I wouldn’t mind reading it again and again. Book Three please.

I give this book 4.5 whales.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs