Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review: 39 Clues: Cahills vs Vespers #3 Dead of Night by Peter Lerangis

Title: 39 Clues: Cahills vs Vespers #3 Dead of Night
Author: Peter Lerangis
Published: March 6, 2012 by Scholastic Inc.
Book Description:

The third book in the CAHILLS VS. VESPERS series, the follow up to the worldwide bestseller THE 39 CLUES.
The Vespers have crossed a line. Amy and Dan were devastated when the Vespers kidnapped seven Cahills around the world, holding them hostage until Amy and Dan delivered an impossible ransom. But at least the hostages were Cahills - members of the world's most powerful family, trained to face all odds.
Now the Vespers have gone too far. They've kidnapped Atticus, an innocent 11 year old boy and Dan's only friend. Now Dan and Amy are in the struggle of their lives. Because if they can't outwit the Vespers, the unthinkable will happen . . . Atticus will die.


*Spoilers*

My Thoughts:

We are finally on the 3rd part of Cahills vs Vespers. With stakes very high on this part of the story we all wonder how can they make the story more interesting. (Like I said before this is a long running series). With Dan and Amy following again another order from the Vesper One they now go to the majestic place of Samarkand. (When I read that they are going to that place I remember book The Amulet of Samarkand which I still dont have the time to read)

SPOILERS!!!! 

I feel like I cant make a proper review without spoiling some part because this happened at the beginning part of the story and is important throughout the whole book. 

If you read A King's Ransom you know that Atticus was kidnapped. Avant reading this book, I thought that the whole story will be the typical search for something while also saving Atiicus but  I'm glad it didn't happen. The kidnapping incident is resolved easily. And then Atticus and Jake becomes a good additional companion to Dan and Amy. Hooray for more brains and intellect (as if Dan and Amy's skills are not enough)
Also it's not only focused on Dan-Amy group now. You know the term real time? Just like in the style of Dan Brown wherein multiple event are happening at the same time. In this book, Peter makes good use of all the supporting characters or the other members of the Cahill family. Its nice to see that everyone has their own role to play in this whole scenario. I know they have been doing that since Medusa's Plot but here there are some major advance in the plot of the story. (Specially with what they find in Samarkand)

And with the negative opinion. I can't believe my prediction about Dan's character is coming true now. He is now having a dark part inside his character which involves a mixture of sadness. anger, confusion. These are pretty big thing for a boy of that age and the circumstances are not really helping his cause. I think in the next book he will do something big that will probably shock its readers. And did I mentions he now has almost half or half of the ingredients of the serum. I expect that it will be completed in the next one or on the last one (Book 5 is the last one I think)

I end my review there. I hope it did not spoil you too much but I think there are a lot of spoilers in this review haha :D

I give this book 4 whales.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs