Monday, June 04, 2012

Review: Duplicity (Spellbound #2) by Nikki Jefford

Title: Duplicity (Spellbound #2)
Author: Nikki Jefford
Published: May 20, 2012 by Nikki Jefford
Book Description:
If Graylee Perez thought sharing a body with her twin sister was bad, dealing with a duplicate of herself is two times worse. Gray the second doesn’t seem to get that Lee’s boyfriend, Raj McKenna, is off limits. Then there’s the problem of Adrian Montez. He expects one of the Grays to be his.

Nearly a year later, the council is onto them for past misdeeds; Lee, along with the rest of the coven, has lost control of her powers; and Gray is being stalked by what looks like the Grim Reaper. 

If they work together, they may stand a chance of setting things right and making it out alive.



My Thoughts:



I’ am one of those readers, who are scared of sophomore novels or the sequels; especially if the first book is really good. There were many sequels that I’ve read that didn’t shine like the first one. Well, Duplicity didn’t disappoint me. It is actually better than Entangled. The story and characters are unforgettable. I was captured and sucked inside. I didn’t want the story to end.

After all the fiasco that happened to Graylee Perez, she is now settled to her new life. She now has a new body and currently in a relationship. The only thing that separates her from normal is her perplexed situation. She has a duplicate. Complicated much? In Duplicity, prepare for more Drama, Revelations and Vengeance. What happened to Charlene? And who made her a duplicate? You have to pick up this book to find out.

The world building is good! The creativity behind the plot is astonishing. Nikki did it again. I love the duplicate concept. I mean, who would have thought that Graylee will face yet another drama. It was hard for her to share a body with Charlene, and now she has a duplicate of her old self.  There were loads of nail-biting experiences for me, while I was reading this book. I was nervous due to the awkwardness of the situation between Graylee and her duplicate. Though, the awkwardness actually gave spice to the story. I was impressed on how Nikki pulled it off. 

As for the characters, they developed more in Duplicity. And the readers will get to know them better. Graylee is more mature here. She is strong-minded and courageous. Raj is my favorite character. I love his dedication to Graylee. He is dependable, smart and HANDSOME. I like his character because of his flaws. I understand why he was confused. I don’t blame him for his mistakes. Who would? There are two Graylee now. I also like Adrian. Yes, Adrian the Avenger. He is not so mysterious anymore. The contact will be revealed here too.

The love-angle is fantastic! It is believable. I can’t really say that there is a love triangle since they are the same person. But the dialogues between Raj and Graylee gave butterflies to my stomach.

Overall, Duplicity is a fun read! I recommend this book to paranormal lovers. Book Three please!!

I give this book  4.5 whales.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs