Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #14

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post started by Breaking the Spine, to show books that we are patiently waiting for.  
The book we're waiting for this week is:

Taken by Erin Bowman
Expected publication: April 16th by HarperTeen
There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive. 

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

4 comments:

  1. I really want to read this and I love the cover..awesome pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed your comment on my blog. I've seen this book around, not really sure how I feel about it yet.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I'm really looking forward to this one as well. I just heard about it but it sounds so good and I love the cover! Definitely have it on my list.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks like Gone by Michael Grant. But I will still read it! :)

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs