Friday, September 28, 2012

Review: Blood and Feathers by Lou Morgan

Title: Blood and Feathers
Author: Lou Morgan
Published:  July 31st 2012 by Solaris
Book given by the publisher  (Mature YA Readers)
Book Description:
"What's the first thing you think of when I say 'angel'?" asked Mallory. Alice shrugged. "I don't know... guns?" Alice isn't having the best of days. She was late for work, she missed her bus, and now she's getting rained on. What she doesn't know is that her day's about to get worse: the epic, grand-scale kind of worse that comes from the arrival of two angels who claim everything about her life is a lie.

The war between the angels and the Fallen is escalating; the age-old balance is tipping, and innocent civilians are getting caught in the cross-fire. If the balance is to be restored, the angels must act - or risk the Fallen taking control. Forever.

That’s where Alice comes in. Hunted by the Fallen and guided by Mallory- a disgraced angel with a drinking problem and a whole load of secrets - Alice will learn the truth about her own history… and why the angels want to send her to hell.

What do the Fallen want from her? How does Mallory know so much about her past? What is it the angels are hiding - and can she trust either side?

Caught between the power plays of the angels and Lucifer himself, it isn't just hell's demons that Alice will have to defeat...




MY THOUGHTS:


I want to read this book because of the cover and blurb. It was creepy in good way and I love angels. I have this gut feeling that the book would be kick-ass, which it is. Blood and Feathers did not disappoint me. It was action packed and infused with shocking revelations that will blow your mind.

The story started in a gruesome way. Yep, Alice was with her father when 2 angels came to visit. Her father was killed right then and there by an invisible force (Neck was snapped). Then the 2 angels claimed that they’re there to protect her. There’s a war coming. The fallen wants her, and the angels need her. –Confusing much?- What do they want from her? Who can she trust?  What do they know about her past? The angels want to send her to hell? You have to read this book to find out.

The world building is phenomenal. I love how the author described everything pretty well. It was creepy, haunting and terrifying. My favorite part is the descent to hell. Yes, you heard me. Not everyone enjoys going down to visit hell, but I did. Lou’s vision of hell is superb! It was very detailed and downright scary.  As a curious reader, you would really feel like you were with Alice. I also enjoyed the war scenes. It was very cinematic and action packed. Blood and Feathers is a page turner, there were loads of unanswered questions, leaving you thirsty for answers. Lou did a great job in keeping the readers behind the dark.

The characters are well developed. I connected to them easily and they are the kind of characters that you won’t really forget. Alice is the main character here. She doesn’t know anything about her mother and there is something about her that makes her so special. I love Alice as a character. She’s smart and brave. I always like a strong lead character and her vulnerability made me like her more. As for the angels, Mallory is my favorite character. There is something about him that draws me in. He’s alluring and mysterious. It’s not always that you see a disgraced angel, drunk and drool worthy at the same time. His dedication to protect Alice awes me. Gwyn is an interesting character. His boastfulness and close-mindedness gave spice to the story. There are many interesting characters from this book. Big characters like Michael, Raphael and Lucifer himself. You have to buy this book now!! –Peace-

As for the love angle, there was none. I ‘am the type of reader who needs romance in any type of book. But I hardly notice it because the story kept me preoccupied. I really hope book two will change that.

Overall, this book is an excellent read. I recommend this to supernatural and action lovers. One of my favorite reads this year. I’ am now a HUGE fan of Lou Morgan! Rebellion will be out this 2013 and I can’t wait to read it.

I give this 5 Angelic Whales. 


3 comments:

  1. This sounds incredibly creepy and totally something I would love. And that cover! I don't know if I think it's scary or gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jesse,

    Creepy in good way. Try reading this book, it won't disappoint you. :D

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the great review! Definitely going to go check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs