Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #21


 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post started by Breaking the Spine, to show books that we are patiently waiting for.  



The book we're waiting for this week is:

The Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Robin Palmer
Expected publication: June 27th by Speak
Book Description:
Gilmore Girls meets Postcards from the Edge crossed with L.A. Candy
Sixteen-year-old Annabelle Jacobs never asked to be famous, but as the daughter of Janie Jacobs, one of the biggest TV stars in the world, she is. Growing up is hard enough. Having to do it in public because your mother is a famous actress? Even harder. When your mom crashes and burns after her DUI mug shot is splashed across the internet? Definitely not fun. Then your mom falls for a guy so much younger than she that it would be more appropriate for you to be dating him? That’s just a train wreck waiting to happen.

From Robin Palmer, author of Geek Charming and Wicked Jealous, this is a novel about the most complicated relationship a girl ever has: that with her mother.

Why I'm excited for this:
"Then your mom falls for a guy so much younger than she that it would be more appropriate for you to be dating him?"--- Yep, I like the plot. I also like Gilmore Girls.  WANT! 

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:55 AM

    LOVE the narrator's sarcasm. And look at that cover! *O* The synopsis sounds pretty interesting, too, so I might have to go check it out!

    Thanks for sharing, Danielle - I'd never heard of this one till now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is new to me but I really love the title. It sounds really intriguing to. I haven't read anything from this author yet, maybe this is going to be the first. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks awesome! I loved Cindy Ella and I really hope that this one is just as good! :) Great pick!

    Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! And I love the cover! Thanks for sharing!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good! I haven't heard of this before so thanks for sharing =)

    Thanks for stopping by Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I'm torn! I'm not a huge fan of the premise - the whole fame game thing puts me off - but I adore the Gilmore Girls! And that cover is pretty cool. ;)

    Great pick! I'll have to think if I'll read this or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH! I absolutely love Gilmore Girls and since this is being compared to it, I'm kind of really excited! And the cover is so different then what the synopsis makes the book sound like.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this one too! Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this but it sounds like an amazing contemp!! Plus, I'm such a big fan of Glimore Girls, so I was sold from there. Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I've heard of this one, but I do love Gilmore Girls, so the comparison has me intriqued! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would be tough to grow up in that environment. The mother sounds like a piece of work. Poor girl! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs