Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Damage by Anya Parrish


Title: Damage
Author: Anya Parrish
Published: September 8th 2011 by Flux

Book Description:

There was a time when I prayed for Rachel to be real. Until the night I learned she'd always planned to kill me.
When Dani was eight, she fell from a building. No one believed her claim that she was pushed by Rachel . . . her imaginary friend. It took years of therapy to convince Dani that Rachel wasn't real.
Now fifteen, Dani wants to make it as a dancer. But a deadly freak accident sends Dani a terrifying message: Rachel is back, she's real, and she'll stop at nothing to kill Dani.
Complicating matters is Jesse, the school bad boy who's being stalked by his own invisible childhood nemesis. Dani and Jesse join forces to learn why their astral tormenters are back. Their investigation leads to a horrifying discovery—and the terrible experiment that binds them to each other.


My Thoughts:


Your imaginary friend turned Nightmare…

Damage was told in two POV’s. Dani and Jesse’s. Both of them were just ordinary teenagers. Wait, scratch that. They wanted to believe that they’re normal, well at least they were a few years after endless haunting of their imaginary friends when they were still kids, and the worst part was no one believed them. As they grew older, they thought that they’ve already moved on from their scary, non-existent friends, but they’re wrong.
After a bus accident, their worst childhood nightmares has come back from their deep slumber, now stronger and more determined to kill them. With both Dani and Jesse the only ones who can see them, they must help each other if they want to live.
Anya Parrish’s debut novel was creepy, fast-paced, action-packed and romantic that I easily finished the whole book in one sitting. I continued reading, even though it was already late at night because I can't sleep without finishing the whole book.
Rachel, Dani’s homicidal imaginary friend is my favorite character in the novel. Yep, she’s creepy and all, but I really love her and I always get excited whenever she appears. Rachel’s a stubborn and a rather destructive little girl who loves to wreak havoc and kill.
The ending was a cliffhanger and I really feel bad that there’s no next book. Boohoo! I want more Rachel! I really hope Parrish decides to make this a series.

I give this book four whales!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs