Friday, January 13, 2012

Review- Cinder ( Lunar Chronicles 1) by Marissa Meyer




Title: Cinder ( Lunar Chronicles 1)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published: January 3rd 2012 by Feiwel and Friends

Book Description:
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. 




My Thoughts:
   
                     A Cinderella story with a twist.
         Wow! a cyborg Cinderella. I am impressed with Marissa's idea. I fell in love with the setting immediately. It was cyperpunk, futuristic, science fiction and dystopian. The way the author weaves those elements made the book so interesting. 
 The world she made is centered in New Beijing. Not all books have this Asian setting and Prince Charming so I was really impressed. Even though it is a retelling, I still find it wonderful and original.
          The characters are realistic. I like Cinder's character, she is strong, thoughtful and independent. Being a cyborg didn't hinder her to do things. It was interesting when Prince Kai disguised himself in the market to seek out Linh Cinder. I like how he acts like a normal person even though he is the New Beijing's heir to the throne. He is smart, charismatic and kind. Cinder's step mother and sisters gave spice to the story. I like how wicked they are to Cinder. It was also interesting to have one sister nice to her. The Lunar Queen, is actually my favorite character. I love how the author described her in the book. She is beautiful in a wicked sort of way, she is powerful and deceiving. It was cool to have a woman dictator. The only thing that I don't like about the book is.... it was predictable. There was no shock moments for me.
Overall, This book is refreshing, it is very unique. I would recommend this book to people who loves sci-fiction, adventure and romance. I can't wait for the second book!
I give this book 4 whales


No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs