Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: Falling Under (Falling Under #1) by Gwen Hayes


Title: Falling Under (Falling Under #1)
Author: Gwen Hayes
Published: March 1st 2011 by New American Library

Book Description:

Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.
As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.
And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.


 My Thoughts:


Would you fall under for the person you love most?

            When I started reading this, I was instantly drawn to Theia’s world, and although I had a few issues, I still enjoyed it anyway. This book is devoid of Love Triangles, sparing me from choosing between two hot guys. Thank God for that.
            I love the secondary characters, Donny, Ame, Gabe and Varnie. Especially Varnie because he is one of a kind! All of them have their own quirks that makes them interesting and unique, while the villain, well, all I can say is she’s one hot, sexy and powerful villainess that definitely screams TROUBLE!
            Theia has been living obediently under her father’s rules that he’s practically running her life for her. He chooses the decorations of her room, her clothes, and she isn’t even allowed to date boys. Well, her life is nothing but ordinary, until she saw a burning man fall from the sky.
            My issue here is the typical Girl meets hot, dark, and mysterious guy, falls head over heels for him, suddenly drops her “good girl” persona, and is now willing to sacrifice herself because of her love for him. The concept has been used in many novels I’ve read, and I am getting a bit tired of it. The plot did make up for it though, making it an enjoyable read.
            Fans of Twilight or Hush Hush will surely enjoy this one.

I give this book three whales.









No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs