Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Flying Blind (The Dragon Diaries #1) by Deborah Cooke


Title: Flying Blind (The Dragon Diaries #1)
Author: Deborah Cooke
Published: June 7th 2011 by New American Library (first published January 1st 2011)


Book Description:


Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.

Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.


My Thoughts:

It’s time to spread your wings and soar high into the sky…

       Zoe is a wyvern, the only female dragon-shifter who’s supposed to have really awesome powers, but unfortunately for her, those “powers” haven’t appeared yet, and to make it worst, she hasn’t shifted yet. She was then invited to a dragon “bootcamp” so she could find out more about the wyvern and the secrets to its powers.
    Flying blind was a really fun read, and I found myself hooked from start to finish. The history of the dragons was beautifully written and interesting. I had a few issues with Zoe because she’s being so childish at times, especially when she’s jealous of Isabelle and Nick, but as the story progresses, she changes into this strong, kick-ass heroine. She made mistakes, but does her best to make up for it. I love her for that! Isabelle is another likeable character. The rest of the boys, especially Jared are swoon-worthy.
    The plot had me on the edge of my seat. There were mysteries and deceptions and I can’t help but also think along with the characters as they try to uncover them. I haven’t read the Dragonfire Series yet, since I’ve read that Flying Blind was mostly based on that and there were characters from the former who were also present on the latter. This intrigued me and I might read that series too when I have the time.
    Overall, Flying blind was beautifully written and addicting. I can’t wait to read the next book.

I give this book four whales.
 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs