Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review- Obsidian (Lux 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Title: Obsidian (Lux 1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: Dec 6, 2011 by Entangled Publishing

Book Description:


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is. 


My Thoughts:


             What if there is a hot alien guy living next door?


            This book is witty, fast-paced and hilarious. After reading Half-Blood, I've been itching to read another book from Jennifer. So when I saw Obsidian, I bought it immediately. Oh boy, this book is a page turner. I love the secret around Daemon's family and how realistic Katy is. Katy and Daemon's relationship is so intense it gave butterflies in my stomach. I love their conversations and arguments. How Katy can't stand Daemon and at the same time drawn to him. Daemon is my favorite character. He's hot, cold, mean and mysterious. As a reader, I find Daemon very interesting. I like how he described his Luxen roots to Katy. I was fascinated by his alien-ness. I like how he calls Katy "Kitten". 
              The story is one of a kind, not all YA books have aliens and I am tired of vampires, werewolves, faeries, ghosts etc... This book is raw and new. The author did a good job in writing this book, it was flawless. I like the extra chapters in Daemon's POV. 
Overall, This book is a fun read. It is action-packed, romantic and funny. I would re-read this again and again. I am now a huge fan of Jennifer. I can't wait for her other books to come out. The excitement is killing me!!
I give this book 4.5 whales

1 comment:

  1. I loved Obsidian! When I finally got home I saw it in the box in my office and I started ripping the box apart to get to the book. As soon as I got it out, I started reading it and didn't finish until just a few hours later. I am sitting here wait (somewhat) patiently for the next book Onyx. I don't know if I can hold it but I'll try my best. I recommend this book to teens who want something completely new to read and/or in love with everything aliens.

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs