Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review- The Deepest Cut (MacKinnon Curse #1) by J.A Templeton




Title: The Deepest Cut (Mackinnon Curse #1)
Author: J.A Templeton 
Published: October 1st 2011 by Julia Templeton (first published June 27th 2011)

Book Description:
Sixteen-year-old Riley Williams has been able to see ghosts since the car crash that took her mother’s life and shattered her family. Guilt-ridden over the belief that she’s somehow responsible for her mom’s death, Riley is desperate to see her mother’s elusive spirit to gain her forgiveness. 
When her father moves the family to Scotland so they can all start over, Riley believes her life couldn’t get worse––that is until the ghost of nineteen-year-old Ian MacKinnon catches her purposely cutting herself. An uneasy truce quickly turns into friendship, and soon Riley’s falling hard for Ian. 
Riley believes her gift could help Ian end the curse that has kept him tied to the land for centuries, but that would mean letting him go forever and she’s not sure she is strong enough to do that. As if her life wasn’t complicated enough, the spirit of the woman who killed Ian returns and she’ll stop at nothing to keep Riley from helping Ian find eternal peace.

My Thoughts:


           What will do if you love someone you can't have?
           Would you fight for it?
           or Would you let go?


               Wow, no words can really describe this book. This book is spectacular!. It was well executed and the story is believable. The author did a good job in describing the inn, castle, cemetery and the history of the MacKinnon's . I was deeply engrossed in the world she made, Scotland is the perfect place for this. 
                 The characters are realistic. I connected to Riley instantly. I felt her pain and emotions. She was so real to me, I got too attached to this heroine. I also like how strong she was, the way she handled her gift. I don't want to put myself  in her shoes. The gripping and nail-biting scenarios the author made was too much for me. I fell in love with Ian. Oh boy! he is hot, mysterious and kind. Though I sympathize with him, he was forced to roam his land for centuries, because of a curse. Alone...with no one to talked to for 200 years until Riley. The other characters like Megan, Tom, Cassandra, Dana, Johan and Milo reminds me of my friends back in High School. The dramas, parties, gossips and the BOYS are so real and close to reality. I can't get enough of this book. It was creepy and a breathe of fresh air at the same time. I literally read this book with my lights on, that's how scary this book is. 
                   Overall, I would recommend this book to people who loves horror, ghosts, romance and action. This book is a whole package. The only thing that I don't like about this book is the ending, it was a cliffhanger!! Good thing I came upon this book a day before book 2! yay for me.  Review on Book Two: Here
I give it 4 whales.   


1 comment:

  1. I love me some horror! And add a little bit of romance in there? Perfection! I have this one but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I think I am going to get to it now!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs