Monday, February 06, 2012

Review: Inheritance (Inheritance #4) by Christopher Paolini


Title: Inheritance (Inheritance #4)
Author: Christopher Paoilini
Published: November 8, 2011 by Random house

Book Description:

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances. 

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle


My Thoughts:

After several years of waiting, Inheritance Cycle (which was previously called Inheritance Trilogy) has come to end. Christopher Paolini finally concludes his best-selling novel whose main character Eragon and his majestic blue dragon Saphira has touched many lives with their bond.


Before finishing this book it took me several months. And yeah it is because if several reasons but nevertheless, with the end of this series it made me cry.
Tears and it is because of Paolini’s great way of ending this Cycle. 
Since this will be my first review with this blog, my format of reviewing will be Negative points first and then Positive Points.
Negative:
Probably this is a constant problem for me since Book 2, I do not like how Paolini starts the book. I know his purpose is for Character Development but I think there are unnecessary details that can be left out of the story. On this book, the character development of Roran in the first chapters of the book feel so “dragging” as you tread through it. If I remember correctly he already has an awesome development on the previous books. So why did he still prolong his part with this. I think there are other characters to be used for this part. (Personally I would like more Arya development) but yes Paolini still has a need for more Roran on the story. 
It took me 200 pages to actually feel the ” I cant put this book down” feeling.
Positive:
There are lot of positives after the Roran parts. :D First of all I really like how Paolini built the excitement and part about the Vault of Souls. Which is a good thing for him since it is the most important thing to defeat Galbatorix. The way Paolini handled this part of the book is simply amazing. It is the feeling of “depthness of one’s own character” and “knowing who you really are” is what makes it relatable to the readers. It makes you want to search for your true self as well.
And after that, second point is that conversations between major characters like Eragon, Arya Saphira and glaedr no matter how small it is fairly entertaining, and important. 
Lastly, the last fight between Eragon and Galbatorix is unique. We all know that last fight between the good and evil always contains fighting of sorts just to defeat the villain… but this even if it is not all fight… what Eragon did was really on sync with his character.
did I mention the tears at the ending? Just read this book if you have read the other books. it is a fine ending to a wonderful cycle. THANK YOU PAOLINI! we look forward to your next work
I give this book 4 whales.

                                 

4 comments:

  1. I still have yet to start this book. I know there are some readers who wait until the series/trilogy is complete before they start. Maybe I will get going with it now.

    I loved your review with the positives and negatives. I kind of do the same thing, but with like and dislike. It's always nice to know when a book may be slow to start out. I'm thankful to reviewers that let me know.

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment Dalene :D You should start with the books now! :D you will not regret it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a balanced review of the book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Raine thank you :D you read the book too? if not you should hehe :D

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs