Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Review- Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky 1 ) by Veronica Rossi




Title: Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky 1)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Published: Feb 7th, 2012 by Atom


Book Description:
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim. 


Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive. 


If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers



My Thoughts:

“She found it curious and frightening that she could deeply dislike someone she didn’t even know. It wasn’t her. At least, it wasn’t how she used to be.” - Veronica Rossi


I love dystopian and post-apocalyptic stories. Books that often made an impression on me were on that genre. So when I saw this book on goodreads, I was excited to read this book! First, the cover is amazing. It draws me in. The plot is interesting and very imaginative. I read this book in one sitting. It is fast-paced and full of adventure. I didn’t get bored! I devoured this book.

 Aria is one of the main characters, she lives inside a dome. A world that is technologically inclined. Perry lives outside; his life is not as sheltered as Aria. He lives in a world where you have to fight for survival. Aria and her friends got in trouble for starting and messing around with fire. She was then rescued by Perry, a savage.  The story became more interesting when Aria was banished and was dropped outside the dome. There she saw what the real world looks like; a world that is haunting, wild but not dead.  The two met again, both wanted some answers and both are looking for someone. Aria is looking for her missing mother while Perry is looking for his nephew. Together, the two became a traveling companion; each of them relying to one another in hope of finding some answers.

The character building is impressive, you can relate to the characters. I like how the author made dual perspectives of Perry and Aria.  You get to see and feel their emotions.  I also love how Rossi made the two characters different yet tied together. Their differences gave spice to the story. Aria and Perry’s blossoming relationship gave butterflies in my stomach. 


Like I said the characters are so contrasting; their interaction with one another is interesting. There were times when their arguements made me laugh. I imagined Jane interacting with Tarzan “His hand snapped shut over the device and then he crossed his arms. Aria stared in horror. Her Smarteye was buried in a Neanderthal’s armpit.” This book is a page turner. I love how the author combined adventure, romance, dystopian and post-apocalypse into one book.  There were no dull moments in the story.

Overall, this book is an awesome read. I will definitely keep an eye on this series. The world building is impressive and was written flawlessly. I recommend this book to adventure, dystopian and post-apocalyptic lovers.

I give this book 4.5 whales




No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs