Friday, February 17, 2012

Interview with Author: J.A Templeton

Interview with Young Adult Author: J.A Templeton
The Author behind the MacKinnon Curse Series



   1.     Tell us a little about yourself? I always loved to read. As a kid I devoured everything I could get my hands on.  I enjoyed escaping to other worlds/places, living in someone else’s skin…for at least a little while.  When I was pregnant with my first child I found romance novels.  I was addicted to the genre, and I started writing my own stories.  In the late 90’s I found young adult novels again. I enjoyed the voices of those characters, and I wrote a novel…that stayed in a file for years.  I published twenty romance novels before publishing my first YA romance.  I love the genre, and now I’m hooked.  Aside from writing and reading, I love history and research, traveling and riding motorcycles with my hubby, who I’ve been with since I was fourteen and he was eighteen. 

   2.    Books you currently have on your shelf? EXISTENCE by Abbi Glines, ANGELFALL by Susan Ee, SWEAR by Nina Malkin, ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD by Kendare Blake, SLUMBER by Samantha Young, UNEARTHLY by Cynthia Hand.

   3.    What inspired you to write YA Paranormal Romance?  As I mentioned above, I’ve been intrigued by YA novels since the late 90’s.  Over the years, and while writing adult romance, I found the paranormal genre and loved writing it.  Seemed like YA and paranormal romance was the perfect combo for my writing.

   4.    Who is your favorite character from your books? That’s such a tough question!   I’d have to say Riley, because I’m living her life as I’m writing from her perspective.  Though I do have a soft spot for Shane…and Milo as well.  See, I can’t pick favorites!  Actually, I’ve come to love most of the characters in The MacKinnon Curse series.     

   5.    Favorite scene/s?  In The Deepest Cut there’s a scene between Shane and Riley, where he confronts her about her cutting.  It was a tough scene to write, but one that was incredibly gratifying.  Strangely, I enjoyed writing most of the creepy scenes with Laria.

   6.    Who would you cast for the leading roles, if your books were being made into a movie? Britt Robinson or AnnaSophia Robb for Riley.  Ian/Kade—does Henry Cavill, Kevin Zegers, or Ben Barnes have any younger brothers? I wrote the book so many years ago, and now all the actors that would have worked for Ian/Kade are pushing thirty.  Who knows, maybe they could play younger?  I’m wondering—who do you think would make a great Ian/Kade?

   7.    Can you give us a sneak peak about what will happen in The Departed (MacKinnon Curse #3)?  I’m actually finding out as I go along.  Normally I’ll plot a book out, but this one only has a skeleton outline and I’ve veering from that outline by the day…so let’s just say the book is surprising me in a lot of ways.  Riley is coming into her own and claiming her abilities.  And Laria—well, we’ll just have to see what happens…  How’s that for being vague!

For more about J.A Templeton and her booksjatempleton.com or  Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Deepest Cut, its a great read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brianne, I agree with you :D I can't wait for book 3!! -TheUnseelieNerd

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs