Monday, May 21, 2012

Tour Stop Interview: Shelena Shorts (The Syndicate)

Review Here

  1. Give us 3 "interesting facts" about you (Be creative)
Softball Mom
Romance Junky
Optimist

  1. What book are you reading now?
I just finished The Messenger by Leah Rose and I'm about to start Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa!

  1. Who designed the cover? (Vasi looks so hot)
I found the model picture and graphic designer, Jose C. Aponte, designed the cover.  He's the brother-in-law of Michelle Flores from Window Pane Memoirs. She was the very first blogger to review my first book, The Pace, and she's been a supporter ever since and asked if he could design my next book. He gave it a go and we loved it. It's perfectly Vasi.

  1. Can you share a little of your current work with us (The Syndicate)?
The Syndicate has a lot of my favorite characteristics in a book, which are a good guy who knows how to treat people even if he has a tough exterior and a love story to connect with that feels real.  

  1. Who is your favorite character? Why?
I like Rosie for some reason. She's Vasi's sister, and when I write I really try to make the characters actions and reactions to situations seem realistic. And she definitely keeps it real!

  1. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
 I didn't intend it to have a message when writing, but it ended up having a theme of following your gut instincts. Vasi relies heavily on his, and without trusting that little voice, the story wouldn't have even been possible. So I guess that would be it. Just trusting yourself when everyone else is giving you doubt.

  1. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
 I like them all. Sometimes I decide which one I buy based on the availability, how fast I want it and if I think it will be one of my favorites or not. So, I'll buy and read any version.  I'm sort of on a signed copy kick right now. I've started a shelf of author signed books, which is fun.

Thank you for taking the time to interview and read The Syndicate! I appreciate your support very much! -Shelena



2 comments:

  1. awesome interview

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roro for stopping by - TheUnseelieNerd

      Delete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs