Monday, May 21, 2012

Tour Stop Review: The Syndicate by Shelena Shorts

Title: The Syndicate
Author: Shelena Shorts
Expected Publication: July 9th 2012 by Lands Antantic Publsihing
ARC given by the Author
Book Description:
For centuries, the Petrescu family has been protecting society from a danger that moves among the population undetected. Eighteen-year-old Vasi Petrescu has never had a problem carrying out his duty, but, when ordered to eliminate an eighteen-year-old girl, he is immediately taken out of his comfort zone.

The Syndicate has never targeted a female before, yet somehow this one has ended up on more than one hit list. Vasi would like to find out why, but there may not be time.

Now, he'll have to decide whether or not to keep her alive even if it means going against his own family.

The action, mystery, and conspiracy in The Syndicate will take readers on an immersing journey in which decisions are not only life changing, but irreversible.




My Thoughts:



This is my first book from Shelana Shorts. The first time I saw “The Syndicate” on Goodreads, I was salivating to read it. The cover draws me in! I mean, who could not look away? Vasi in the cover, looks so gorgeous. This book will not disappoint you. It is infused with adrenaline and a twist that will blow your mind. It was that good! One of the best books I’ve read so far.

The story is about how the world was kept safe by trained assassins. Vasi Petrascu is part of The Syndicate, a secret group of trained assassins. He was given an assignment to kill a hybrid (or so he thought).  He had never had a problem carrying out his duty before. Until, he was assigned to kill an Eighteen-year old girl. He now questions his loyalty to The Syndicate. Torn Between his loyalty to The Syndicate and the girl he loves. Vasi and Riley go on a journey to find out answers. Why kill a non-hybrid? Who or What is Riley? You have to pick up this book to find out.

The world building is outstanding. I love the world Shelena had created. It was believable! The pacing is good, no dull moments. There were times when, I find myself on the edge of my seat. The action scenes are very cinematic. This book can be made into a movie. When it comes to her writing style, it is really good. The scenes were described pretty well. I didn't had a hard time picturing it. She also has a talent to keep the readers guessing. There were times when I wanted to squish the book to get some answers. The revelations and twists will leave your mouth hanging open. I didn't want it to end. This book is a great read! 

As for the characters, I connected to them easily. They were realistic and well described. Again, I did not have a hard time picturing them in my head. I also like how unique each of them are. Each has his/her touch of individuality. Vasi is my favorite character here. I love his personality! The way he talks to himself in his head, made me laugh loads of times. An ideal guy! He is strong, funny and a gentleman. Rosie is my second favorite. I love how mature she is for her age. She complements her brother. Both are opposites yet they support what each one lacks. She is strong-minded and sweet. As for Riley, I find it hard to connect to her at first. Her character is confused. Well, I don’t blame her. She had no family and knows nothing about who she really is. I connected to her mid-part. I get that she is lonely and bewildered. But her vulnerability made me like her. She is fragile yet strong at the same time. Her courage to face The Syndicate, awed me.

Lastly, the love angle is quite good. I get their instant connection. It was believable. Their relationship made by stomach flutter. I didn’t expect them to do two things “Sex and Marriage” but that actually gave spice to the story. I didn’t question it because of the characters’ maturity.

Overall, this book is an excellent read. I recommend this to action and conspiracy lovers. I have to patiently wait for book two now -sigh-. I will definitely read the Pace Series while waiting.

I give this 5 Splashing Whales.


1 comment:

  1. tnx 4 the glowing review
    this one is high on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs