Thursday, November 01, 2012

Review: Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate

Title: Eve & Adam
Author/s: Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
Published: October 2nd 2012 by Feiwel and Friends
Book taken from Netgalley  
Book Description:
And girl created boy…

In the beginning, there was an apple—

And then there was a car crash, a horrible injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker’s head clears a strange boy named Solo is rushing her to her mother’s research facility. There, under the best care available, Eve is left alone to heal.

Just when Eve thinks she will die—not from her injuries, but from boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy.

Using an amazingly detailed simulation, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect... won’t he?

                                                                            


THOUGHTS


 After reading the summary, I know that I need to read this book quick. The plot is unique and very sci-fi. I can only name a few books that I like in that genre. This book is one of those.

The story started with a BAM! It was all action. Eve was left with serious injuries, after the accident. She almost died if it wasn’t for her mother’s high-tech medical facilities. Everything about her mother’s top notch laboratory is all hush hush, from saving lives to creating people. Can Eve swallow what’s really going on inside Spiker Biotech? Do really get to play God? This book is quite controversial, but I like how it was fast paced and new to read. Pick up this book to find out more.

The world building is alright. I was expecting an endearing world, since you know …it’s sci-fi. Most books in that genre tend to have complex and overly creative world. Eve & Adam is just in the middle. I was amazed but not that truly astounded. I like the concept of creating a sim, a true mate of your dreams. You have the freedom to create your ideal guy, from personality, physical attributes and so on…. ZOMG! I want my own!! I also like how the book was written lightly, not too complicated. There were no “I’m so confused” moments there. The fact that there were some scientific terms, Eve & Adam is easy to read, fast-paced and enjoyable.

The characters are okay. They’re easy to connect with but not memorable. I like that it was written in triple perspectives. Solo’s, Eve’s and Adam’s, three interesting characters that I really like.  Since it was written in different perspectives, you get to know each character well.

Eve is an appealing character. I like her eccentricity and loyalty to her friends. She’s the type of friend who you could really count on. Solo is also my favorite here. He thinks maturely but innocent at the same time. He lacks experience when it comes to girls, which I find really cute. Solo’s agenda to put down the Spiker Biotech, gave this book some spice. And then…. There’s Adam, all this time I thought he was just a speck of Eve’s imagination, a sim. His sudden appearance stunned me.

As for the love angle, it’s good. It’s innocent and cute. I won’t tell Eve’s love interest. Is it Adam, her perfect man? Or Solo, the shy and innocent? Read this book quick.

Overall, this Eve & Adam is wonderful read.  A promising series! If you like something new and unique to read, this book is for you. I want to get to know Adam more since he was introduced on the latter part of the book. Book two please.

I give this book, 4 genetically engineered whales.

9 comments:

  1. Man, I take a short blogging break and miss this book coming on NG?! Too bad it wasn't as great as you thought it'd be, but I still really want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This sounds fun and quick, and not too complicated, which might do me well actually. ;) I'm glad you liked it, Dannielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I gave this 4/5 too! :) I like that it's the opposite of what I sci-fi I usually read. It's fun! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, sounds like a good read! Great review

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard the characters are just sort of blah in this one, but I love the concept and tI really do love sci-fi, so I'll probably pick this one up at some point. Great review!

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I was really unsure of this at first, but it sounds like it has a lot to offer! I'm glad you enjoyed it for the most part! Brilliant review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge fan f the sci-fi genre so this immediately interests me! I love that it's action pack and it's by Michael Grant so it must be awesome, right?! Great review!

    - New follower! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    Great review! I've just followed you :)

    Cheers,
    J.H.Myn
    http://jhmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaaahh! I need this! I'm going to receive a copy soon!!!!!!!! Stocked about that! XD

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs