Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review- Angelfall (Penryn & The End of Days #1) by Susan Ee


Title: Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)
Author: Susan Ee
Published: May 21st 2011 by Feral Dream

Book Description:
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again



My Thoughts:
            
          What if the only way to get your sister back is to make a deal with the enemy?
       
          This is my favorite book of all time. Susan Ee is a genius! OMG. Not only the cover is beautiful, the story is incredible as well. The story started in North California, where Penyrn's family were scavenging for food and they were caught up in a fight. Raffe, the angel who was pummeled by 5 of his kind, was stripped off from his wings. Then, Paige, Penryn's sister was abducted by one of the angels. Raffe became Penryn's only hope. For survival, the two made a deal to stay together. 
           I love the characters. Penryn is a butt-kicking chick. She's a survivor. Her love for her mom and sister is remarkable. Raffe, is strong and gorgeous. He is arrogant and sweet at the same time. I like how the two bicker. It made me smile a few times. Penryn's mother is insane (literally). She gives me the creeps but believe it or not, Penryn's mom is my favorite character in the book. I can't give spoilers, so you have to read the book to know why.  
          The story is more of an adventure. There is a brewing romance but was not exhibited in the book yet. The two are more of a companion. Hopefully book two will change that.
          Overall, this book is a winner!!!! After reading this book, it made me think about it for days. I was addicted to Susan's world. It was unique and one of a kind. One of the best post-apocalyptic fantasy out there. This book is PG 13. There were a lot of violence and abuse. I would read this again and again.
I give this book 5 whales.

3 comments:

  1. i just found out about this book while browsing dun dun dun dun mockingjay.net lmao researched it, downloaded it and bam! i'm only halfway through it tho. i just forced myself to put my reader down cos of work. this book is sooo good. it's climbing up my top reads .fast. cant wait for the 2nd book already. i need the romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this book is great!!! I'm dying to read it and isn't the cover a killer! Penryn reminds me of Katniss, no wonder I love this book already..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:59 AM

    I want to read this book soooo badly after reading your review :)
    Sounds so good and that cover is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs