Sunday, April 08, 2012

Interview: Debbie Davies

Debbie Davies
Author behind "Any Love But Mine"
Add this book on your shelves: Goodreads
CHECK OUR REVIEW HERE 

              Tell us a little about yourself?   
       I’ll start with the easy bits; my name is Debbie, I’m 24 and I live in the UK with my husband Tom and our baby boy Charlie. I love reading, it is my number one hobby and I often find myself reading until the early hours of the morning if the book is so good that I can’t put it down! If I'm not reading I'm usually taking my little boy somewhere fun, or I’ll be watching one my favorite shows - Pretty Little Liars or Vampire Diaries.  I wrote my first novel in 2010 and it was published this year in March the day before my wedding.
     
       Books you currently have on your shelf?
My book shelf changes so quickly! For this week I have on it Wither and Fever from The Chemical Garden Trilogy; I really enjoyed Wither but was let down a bit by Fever and yesterday I started The City Of Bones, the first in The Mortal Instruments Series

What inspired you to write about Any Love but Mine?
I used to love writing when I was at school, I used to write a lot of poetry but stopped when I got a job and a house and didnt have time. Then I started University and only worked part time so had a bit of spare time on my hands! I had the idea for Any Love But Mine (which is its fourth name!) when I should have been revising for my final year exams, but I kept getting the idea for this story in my head and it wouldnt stop coming back to me until I wrote it down on paper and from there it just got longer and longer. The story started off as Cupids Confessions and was going to be a diary of the different love connections Eros made but then it evolved into what it is.

 How long does it take you to write a book?
I started writing it in August 2010 and had the majority of it done by January but then it took me months to edit it and re-edit and then two of my long suffering friends (who the book is dedicated to) would read it for me and give me their opinions then I’d make changes and they’d do it again for me. So I’d say in total to get a book written and then polished to perfection would take about 18months to 2years.

Any advice to aspiring writers? 
Write what feels natural to you; dont write because you think its what people would want to hear make your story your own and if its good enough people will love it for what it is!

Favorite Starbucks Drink?
I dont like coffee but one of my best friends and my sister does so I always have their signature hot chocolate which is yummy!

Thank you Debbie for your time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs