Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review: Pawn of Mine by Tabitha Vale

Title: Pawn of Mine
Author: Tabitha Vale
Published:  April 9th 2012
Book Description:
The world never ended in fire and ice. The people were consumed by it and now control the elements. The Fires have harnessed the power down to an art while the Waters cower in fear of their abilities, remaining weak and hopeless. Seventeen-year-old Sage Sinclair hopes to dispel the weakness of her Water people because she knows that if she doesn’t do anything, no one will. When she discovers something special about herself, she seeks Humble Narcissist Ruler Agni in the great fire city, Saint Firefly. Once she gains his seal of approval, she’s admitted into Erra Academy where she secretly sparks a revolution among her ennui peers—a revolution to fight back against the Fires. She has every hope in her movement, just as long as her feelings for a handsome and frivolous Saffron Larkspur don’t get in the way—that, and Agni’s sudden fascination with her


My Thoughts:

This is a great read! Thank you, Tabitha for giving us a copy of this book. I absolutely enjoyed “Pawn of Mine.” This book will “WOW” you.

The story is about a world controlled by Agni, the ruler from the Fire people.  Sage, the heroine does not agree with Agni’s philosophies. She doesn’t like the way her people is living under his rule. She then seeks Agni’s seal in order to attend Erra Academy. There, she restored a club, called the Elements with the help of her friends. Elements is a club, where the members are not in accordance to Agni’s rule.  Secrets will unfold. Will her fellow radical friends overthrow Agni for good? Why is she driven to help Hazel? You have to read this book to find out.

The world building is amazing. I’ll give Tabitha two thumbs up for creativity. Pawn of Mine is unique, there is nothing like it. I love the pacing, it was not rushed. You will feel like part of their world. It is a fantasy yet believable. They way, she vibrantly describes the fighting scenes made my heart pumps so fast.  She was that good. The scenes are very cinematic too, this book could be a movie. I can’t believe the author is on her early twenties.

The characters are well developed. Again, they were realistic. I am so fond of Sage! I love her courage and her way of thinking. She is mature for her age. Sage is strong minded, caring and charismatic. She is one of the best heroines out there. As for the boys, this book will make your mouth water. Erra Academy is filled with handsome boys! I like Zane; he is hot with a nerdy side. Who cannot fall for a guy who loves to read books? The way he takes care of Sage, melts my heart. I feel bad for him though because…..(No Spoilers here, so read the book :D ) Another drool worthy guy is Hazel. He is mysterious, strong and talented. There is something about him that lures you. As a reader, I really want to console him. The way he blames himself over his brother’s death, shatters my heart. Lastly, Saffron, he is a kind of guy, who gets what he wants. I don’t like him for Sage.  Their blossoming relationship does not appeal to me that much. Saffron’s perception in relationship and in life differs with Sage. Well, what can I say? Opposites attract.

As for the negative part, this book has too much information. I even wrote down some things, so that I won’t get lost. I wish there was a map or a list of information at the front page, regarding about the constellations.

Overall, this book is an enjoyable read. This will appeal to action and fantasy lovers. This book will draw you in. I can’t wait for “Knight of Mine” to come out.

I give this book 4.5 Whales.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM

    This sounds so cool! Definitely something I've never read before :)
    I'm adding this to my wishlist, great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie,
      Buy this book! you won't regret it. :D

      Delete
  2. same here adding to wishlist
    gr8 review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love well developed characters and the cover is cool. Adding to my list..thanks for s great review!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs