Friday, May 04, 2012

REVIEW: THIS ISN'T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE (SECRET SERIES #4) BY PSEUDONYMOUS BOSCH

Title: This Isn't What It Looks Like 
Author: Pseudonymous Bosch
Published: September 21, 2010 Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Book Description:
The Secret Series continues in this dangerous and daring fourth adventure. 
Cass finds herself alone and disoriented, a stranger in a dream-like, medieval world. Where is she? Who is she? With the help of a long-lost relative, she begins to uncover clues and secrets--piecing together her family's history as she fights her way back to the present world.
Meanwhile, back home, Cass is at the hospital in a deep coma. Max-Ernest knows she ate Time Travel Chocolate--and he's determined to find a cure. Can our expert hypochondriac diagnose Cass's condition before it's too late? And will he have what it takes to save the survivalist?


My Thoughts:

We are on the penultimate book of the Secret Series. :D
To tell you honestly I finished this books 3 weeks ago and I just forgot to make a review out of it. But finally here it is :D

Out of the 4 books I read the problem I have with this books is that maybe I got used to the writing style of the author  and the magic is lost for me. The plot itself for this books is very important to the story since it explains a lot about the history of the Jester and Lord Pharaoh with the secret. But when I was reading it I can't help myself but be bored. Here are some of my speculations on why I was bored with this 4th book.

1. I read Book 1-4 continuously that the surprising element is lost in the way.
2. As I said earlier, I got used to the writing style and made the story a little bit predictable.
3. There were a lot of boring moments and I think its because the main characters are not together for the first time. (Since Cass was time travelling)
4. And then I think it also added that the main antagonist get no time or a little appearance in this book. 

The  only positive thing about this is that maybe finally Max-Earnest got a little bit backbone in this book. He has made some decisions by himself and not having to rely on Cass or Yo-Yoji.

Keeping the review short this time. 

I give this book an average 3.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs