Friday, January 13, 2012

Review- Legend (Legend 1) by Marie Lu

Title: Legend  (Legend 1)
Author: Marie Lu
Published: Nov 29th 2011 by Putnam Juvenile 
Book Description:

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias' death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.


My Thoughts:


The Truth will become Legend.

                 One of the most talked about book. In fact, I'm a sucker for dystopian novels. After reading Divergent, Enclave and HG. I was really excited to read this book. I was hoping it would be one of those books that would stick to me. Well, It did. It is action packed and full of hype. I love how Marie gave two voices in the book. It was refreshing to see two POVs. I instantly fell in love with the characters. June is an awesome character. She is a butt-kicking heroine. She's smart, beautiful and courageous. I like her loyalty and love for her brother, and her revenge is understandable. I admire Day, he is selfless, smart, funny and kind. I like how he takes good care of his family, he would literally do anything for them. 
                 The story is engaging from start to finish. I was awed in every scene!! The way the author described the scenes between June and Day gave butterflies in my stomach.The fighting scenes is not what I expected, there is less violence. I still liked the gore and violent scenes in the Hunger Games more. Well, this book is definitely worth it. It was instantly one of my favorites. It is action packed with a hint of romance. 


Overall, this book is amazing! A must read!! I recommend this book to dystopian lovers. 


I give this book 4.5 whales

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs